Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hippie carrot cake

Sure looks like some hippie love circle doesn't it? That really wasn't my intention!


There were other things that were intentional, though.
This time the crumb's more coarse, because in my opinion carrot cake is quite masculine and needs to be strong to stand up against the rich creamy cheese frosting. It was also more dry and less soft because I used less oil than last time (baking with a conscience for middle-aged relatives!).



I'm still not perfectly happy with the cake body, but the frosting is bliss. Here's the recipe adapted from "Rose's Heavenly Cakes" by Rose Levy Beranbaum:

300g cream cheese 
170g white chocolate (I used cadbury, which is really sweet so no extra sugar needed)
56g unsalted butter
1.5 tbsp sour cream
juice of 1 small lime (plucked from my garden! always so nice to pick what you need from the garden)

Put everything in a food processor and process till smooth :) 
Beating by hand is not a good idea as it'll end up lumpy. Use a processor!




No comments:

Post a Comment